Back to school is looming around the corner, much to parents’ delight and children’s dismay. The YMCA estimates that over half of the children in the greater Houston community will start the year without the supplies they need. Global Edge is proud to announce that we are an official drop off location for the Greater Houston area YMCA’s Operation Backpack. We will be collecting completed backpacks and school supplies from now until August 9, 2015. You can help Global Edge and YMCA with this effort by:
1) Purchase a new backpack for a child
2) Buy school supplies (suggested list), write a note of encouragement and put them in the backpack
3) Drop off the completed backpack at the office.
4) Enjoy the feeling of making a difference in the life of a child!
Other ways you can help…
1) Spread the word to friends and family … collect and drop off here on their behalf [**If any of you have teacher friends, they often have special discounts to get supplies for very cheap!]
2) Make a financial contribution online at https://www.ymcahouston.org/operation-backpack/online-donations/
3) Donate some school supplies if you are unable to do a backpack
Please help us at Global Edge meet the critical needs of the children in Houston. If you have any questions about how to drop off, get a Global Edge team member to pick up your donation or how to help support Global Edge’s donation effort, please contact Julie Hetrick at email@example.com
For questions regarding Operation Backpack, call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We at Global Edge want to thank you so much in advance for being a part of a great effort to help the local community!