Our computer, tablets or smartphone hold a lot of useful information that can increase our knowledge. Sometimes, we don’t imagine that we have access to an unlimited number of learning resources, we can read or listen to any book, listen to any show or song and watch any documentaries or movies we want by just clicking a button. If we want to pick up a new skill (like learning another language, studying life sciences, enroll in an online course or program to meet our needs) the internet can greatly be useful when used correctly.
Global Edge as a global recruitment firm that works with thousands of candidates daily and understands their professional needs, has selected some interesting ways to easily access knowledge online without spending much:
- Enroll in an online language course: Find a language course that best fits your needs, some online educational resources offer basic language classes and tutoring for free while others websites like universities, offer comprehensive language courses at a low prices. Find a language course that best fits your needs, find an online tutor that can measure your progress and give a comprehensive feedback and listen to foreign music or watch foreign films for practice.
- Enroll in online course: Most universities in our days offer free online course that anyone can learn from. To get enrolled in a course, email a local or international university of your desire to see if they offer independent study courses, where you learn at your own pace online. Plenty of online resources offer free study materials in mathematics, sciences, humanities, and other subjects but they can also offer free lecture series to listen and MOOC (massive open online course) that are educational courses to anyone who wants to learn, with no limit on class attendance or geographical location.
- Access books, Films or Music: Expand your music horizon by exploring new genres, check classic movies, foreign films and documentaries, read books released in the public domain and listen to audiobooks. Most of these contents can be found available online with just a click on your mobile.
- Join Online learning clubs: This is an easy yet efficient way to participate in interactive debates or conversations on topics of your interest, applications and sites like Clubhouse, noisyclassroom or Edeb8 are some of the recommended for this purpose.
- Research Online: Use google as a jumping-off point because is constantly edited by authoritative users and hobbyists alike. Focus on peer-reviewed articles that have been verified by experts before they were published and are most accurate and trustworthy. Search for authoritative sources because they will have more credible content and access online research databases for articles, reviews, and other academically-valid sources.